- 2 tbsp oil
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1.25 lb sprouted beans (from 7-8 oz dry)
- 1.5 tsp tomato paste
- 1.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.5 tsp chili powder
- juice of half a lemon
- small bunch of cilantro (0.5 oz), chopped
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add the cumin seeds and after 30 seconds the garlic, then when the garlic is light brown add the beans. Add half a cup of warm water, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and spices, cover and cook for a minute.
- Mix in the lemon juice and cilantro.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.