- 7 oz mung beans (will produce about 1.25 lb)
- Rinse well in cold water, drain, and set in a high-sided dish. Cover with an inch of hand-hot water and cover with a plate or plastic wrap with a few holes, and leave in a cupboard or somewhere warm for 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse, then repeat the covering process.
- Rinse and drain.
- If they have not sprouted, try in a warmer place for more time. Put paper towels under the beans, cover with about 0.125 inch hand-hot water, then leave somewhere for 12 to 24 hours. Rinse and drain.
- If you're not using them immediately, let them dry before storing in the fridge until needed. Eat within 2-3 days.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.