- 3 tbsp oil
- 0.5 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 14 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.75 cup hot water
- 1.5 lb firm white fish (coley, haddock, cod, pollack), skinned and boned and cut into 1.75 inch cubes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- a small bunch of cilantro (1 oz), finely chopped
- Heat the oil on medium heat, add the mustard seeds. When they pop, add the onions and garlic then cook for around 8 minutes until golden and soft.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and cook for 4–5 minutes until the mixture looks paste-like.
- Add the spices and hot water. When the liquid bubbles, gently stir in the fish. Cover and cook for 3–4 minutes until cooked.
- Squeeze lemon, scatter cilantro, and serve.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.