- 1 cup rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in two
- 4 cloves
- 2 cups vegetable stock, hot
- a small handful of cashews
- Wash the rice 3-5 times until clear, then soak in cold water for 20 minutes (or 10 minutes in warm water if in a hurry). Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter on medium heat and fry the spices for 2 minutes until fragrant, then stir in the rice to coat each grain with butter.
- Pour in the stock, stir, and bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, add butter if desired, and scatter with cashew nuts.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.