- 250 g okra, rinsed, dried, de-based
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- 1 tbsp oil, for the okra
- 1 tbsp oil, for the masala
- 1 tsp crushed fenugreek leaves (optional)
- Heat the first oil on medium/low heat. Chop the okra into 1 inch pieces and sauté until completely cooked (soft with no crunchiness). Keep the okra aside.
- Heat the second oil and fry the onions and until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic and sauté for half a minute until the raw aroma is gone.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté until they are soft and mushy. If it becomes too dry, add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook.
- Add the spice powders and sauté for a minute.
- Add the okra, methi, salt, and coat well with the masala, then cook for a few minutes and serve.
Part of #Recipes.
From Dassana Amit's Veg Recipes of India.