- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced fine
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups just boiled water
- Wash the rice 3-5 times until clear, then soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 12-15 minutes until rich dark brown, then add the cumin and salt. Boil the kettle.
- Drain the rice, add to the pan and stir well coating the grains with oil.
- Pour in the boiled water, stir and bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to simmer and leave lid covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and add butter before serving.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.