Anthony Bourdain: Boeuf Bourguignon
- 2 lb boneless beef shoulder or neck, cubed
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 medium onions, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups red wine (burgundy preferred)
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay, parsley)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the beef with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil on high and add the beef, leaving space in between the pieces. Sear until brown, then remove excess fat and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the onions until translucent.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes, then add the wine on high heat to clean the bottom until boiling.
- Add the meat, carrots, garlic, and bouquet garni, and cover the meat with water by one-third.
- Whet it's boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered until the meat is tender, about two hours. Check in every 15 to 20 minutes to prevent sticking or scorching, and skim off any foam or oil that accumulates on the surface.
- When it's done, add the chopped parsley and serve
Koshari (كشري) Anthony Bourdain: Boeuf Bourguignon Chili Con Carne Fettuccine Alfredo Chicken Corn…