- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeld and finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes (about 30), halved
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 eggplants, quartered then 1/8 inch slices
- Heat the oil on medium heat, then add the onion and cook until soft, translucent and golden.
- Add the chili, ginger, garlic and cook for a few minutes while stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and close the pan to soften for about 10 minutes
- Stir in the spices. When paste-like, add 2/3 cup of warm water with the eggplant, then coat carefully and close the pan for about 15-20 minutes until the eggplant is tender and falling apart via spoon.
- Serve with yogurt and garnish with coriander.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.