- 1.75 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped and optionally seeded
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1.25 tsp cumin powder
- 0.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 cauliflower (1.25 lb), broken into bite-size florets
- 1.5 cups coconut milk
- 4 oz unsalted cashews
- 0.75 cup green peas
- 0.5 tsp garam masala
- 0.5 oz cilantro, chopped
- a wedge of lemon
- Bash the ginger, garlic, green chili and salt into a paste and set aside.
- Heat most of the oil on medium heat, then add the onions and fry for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Add the paste and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomato paste with subsequent spices and 1.25 tsp salt, then mix.
- Mix the florets to coat, pour in the milk, bring to a simmer, then lower the heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat the rest of the oil on medium heat, fry the cashews for a minute on each side, then cool on a plate.
- When the cauliflower is tender, add the peas and garam masala, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning, then sprinkle the remaining ingredients before serving.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.