- 3 tbsp oil
- 0.75 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 8 heads of garlic, peeled
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 0.5 cup coconut milk
- Heat the oil on medium heat and add the mustard seeds. When they pop, add the curry leaves and garlic cloves. Stir-fry for a few minutes to sear the cloves on both sides.
- Lower the heat, add 1/2 cup of warm water, and cover the lid for 15–20 minutes, until the garlic is soft and translucent without burning (add water if dry).
- Stir in the powders and paste, gently without breaking the cloves, and cover for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir gently, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Part of #Recipes.
From Meera Sodha's Made in India.