- 1 cup leftover cooked rice
- 4 cups broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4—6 scallions, sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1–2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/4–1/2 cup each veggie, chopped (maybe broccoli, green beans, daikon radish, and red bell pepper)
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 large heaping bowl bean sprouts
- Purée rice with vegetable broth until smooth.
- Add to a pot with coconut milk, onion, cilantro, scallions, ginger, green chilies, and lime juice - bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining ingredients, except bean sprouts, stirring until well combined and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and cook until wilted.
- If soup is too thick, add up to 2 cups of water and adjust seasonings. Make sure you taste as you go along! Add more lime juice if you want it more sour, or more tamari for more flavor, more green chilies or just red chili powder for more spiciness.
- Serve as is or over rice.